Jukebox Hero


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Browniewise

Well, this is tough--coming up with my first blog. For no good reason, I have decided to revisit the infamous "911" call made by an off-duty police officer who consumed marijuana brownies with his wife and then freaked the fuck out.

Here is the actual audio of the 911 call:



And here is an unbelievably funny video made using the actual audio. These people are fucking geniuses, and these are some of the funniest three or four minutes I have ever witnessed:



There is so much to love here, so much to just laugh uproariously at, but, for some reason, what really sticks in my head is the part of the actual call where the 911 operator is trying to determine how much weed these idiots ingested--after being told that the dude and his wife had made brownies with the weed, and after asking many times how much weed was used, the 911 operator finally says, "I mean browniewise--how many brownies did you have?"

I love this new way of measuring things--lengthwise, timewise, heightwise, weightwise, and, yes, browniewise.

I'll tell you something else--Brownie Wise is also the name of the woman who, in the 1950s, transformed Tupperware into the huge success that it became, by insisting that it be sold exclusively at home parties. This woman had a total handle on the possibilities of social networking decades ago, people. Earl Tupper made her a vice-president, and she made him millions of dollars. He soon fired her, for no good reason, and with little compensation. I learned all of this while watching the PBS American Experience documentary, "Tupperware!" which was freakin' awesome.

So, there it is. My first ever blog.

Treat me gently. And, if needbe, please send rescue...

No comments: